Monaco’s Town Hall is the oldest amongst the Principality’s institutions. It’s staff of almost 650 work within 19 different municipal services that are deployed over 5 main action areas:
- social services (early childhood, the elderly, social aid) ;
- culture (Multi-media library, Prince Rainier III music and theater Academy, College of Visual Arts, the Exotic Garden) ;
- leisure (“Espace Léo Ferré” hall, city events, fireworks...) ;
- everyday life (Civil status, municipal police, sports, municipal affairs, sign-posting) ;
- general internal services (human resources, communication, finance, IT, technical services...).
Monaco’s Municipality is a local administrative body that is run by an elected assembly, the Municipal Council, under State supervision.
The Principality is part of one and only municipality that is responsible for the whole territory.