In accordance with HSH Prince Albert II’s wish to exercise concern and respect for the environment, Monaco’s Municipality has taken an approach favouring both the environment and sustainable development for several years.
This pledge takes the form of several tangible and lasting steps :
- Personnel awareness of an environmental approach
- The introduction of an environmental chart
- The endorsement of a “renewable-energy” type contract
- A "1 birth = 1 tree" reforestation programme
- The planning of "Les Jeudis Verts"
- The "Monaco Clean Beaches" operation
- The involvement of Monaco’s Exotic Garden
The above acts have earned an ISO certification, ever since 2008, in recognition of the involvement of Monaco’s municipal departments in favour of the environment.